Thursday, March 5, 2009

Alphabet Crown


Today Logan earned his Alphabet Crown at school!!! This is a huge deal and the prize of all his hard work through out the year. In order to get an Alphabet Crown you must know all of the letter by site and know their sounds. This includes the vowels and BOTH their short and long sounds. When A child earns this coveted crown (they act like the thing is actually made or gold) the principle present it to the child in front of everyone and the entire class screams (in Logan's words) "Hip-hip- horray!!!" lots of times. I wish I could of been there to see him beaming.

When he got home he wanted to call and tell everyone. Papa was first (because dad wasn't picking up) and the pride in his voice was unmistakable. I am very proud of him and I am pretty sure he is darn proud of him self which is far more important then my approval.

1 comment:

Barbra said...

My kids are so dumb compared to yours... want to raise my kids for me? Way to go Logan! that is a HUGE accomplishmnet!