Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

We had a great Halloween. On Thursday Logan had a parade and program at his school. His class sang a song about a black cat. Then Aubrey had a Halloween party at her Kindermusik class. This was also fun. The best part was watching all the 1 and 2 year olds slowly taking their costumes off as the party went on. Then that night we carved our pumpkins they were both pleased with how they turned out.














Friday we (my kids and I) hosted our first ever haunted tea party. We made mummy hot dogs, pumpkin shaped PB&J sandwiches, blue monster hair pasta, witch finger crackers and green wormy ice cubes. Then my good friend Angie made the cutest bat muffins. Then if that wasn't enough for dessert the kids made their own rice crispy monsters. Logan's best friend from school tanner came and Logan was so happy he couldn't stand it.





Then that night we went trick or treating around the neighbor hood. Aubrey made it up and down one street and then she helped dad pass out candy. Logan and I made it up and down another street when he started complaining that his bag was to heavy to carry. This is when I decided it was time to head home. I think he was tried because he didn't argue a bit. Now we just can't wait until next year.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute food ideas...I need a visual though to know what they looked like...fun idea to have a little tea party!

Barbra said...

I'm so sad I missed the tea party- you are the best!! I loved Aubrey's butterfly costume!!