Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Easiest Chicken Soup


This is the best, easiest chicken soup recipe I have ever made. Just remember adjust the ingredients to your taste and family size.
I will put the approximate amounts that I use and it feeds my family twice.

First brown chicken breasts (2) in your soup pot No need to dirty 2 dishes.
When they are browned (even if they are not cooked through) add canned chicken broth (5)
Sliced carrots ( 1 1/2 cups), diced celery (3/4 cup), dried parsley (1Tbsp.).
Let simmer until veggies are cooked through.

Take Chicken out and set aside. Add frozen cheese tortellini (2 cups) (do not use dry pasta, they will soak up all the broth). Bring to simmer. Cut up chicken in 1 inch cubes and return to soup. When tortellini is cooked, eat up!!!!

So easy, so good for you, so yummy!

No comments: