

Friday June, 13th (horrible date) my sweet, perfect baby girl burned her hand on Scott's motorcycle muffler. The palm of her right hand was just covered with blisters and she was hysterical. I ran her to the InstaCare where they soaked her hand in cool saline and determined that she had 2nd degree burns. They gave her meds for the pain and wrapped her hand. The next day I had to take her back in, where they cut the skin off all the blisters (they do this so that the skin heals smooth) and rewrapped them. It is so sad and such a silly thing. Scott and I feel so bad because it was so easily preventable. She is doing great and acting like nothing happened. Every once in a while I see her go to pick something up with her right hand, look at it and then use the left. Good thing she is such a happy little girl, not even this will get her down.
5 comments:
oh $#%@! I'm so sorry!!!!! What a little sweetheart! Give her a big hug for me. Would she enjoy a trip to the zoo this week? Maybe we could all meet there or somewhere else fun if she's feeling up to it?
Hey! Scott pointed out your blog today. Great stuff! Our Jonah grabbed hold of Em's curling iron when he was about the same age as Aubrey, and had to spend a couple of weeks with a cute little mitten too. It sure is awesome to see how these little ones overcome adversity without even blinking. Us grownups would probably be wandering around whining!
Keep up the great blog!
Tyler and Emily
So sad...you just can't help that stuff some times though...kids just get into and on to everything. Whitley totally fell of the stroller when she was two and had to have 4 stiches in her chin and we totally could have prevented it but accidents happen...it's okay...what a sweetie!
Hey! So good to hear from you, and good to see a familiar face. Your little girl could not look more like you! What cute kids. Where are you guys? The announcements that you do are so cute. Wish I would have known that a month ago (I had a new nephew born, and my son's baptism announcements) I totally would have ordered some! Feel free to stop by my blog anytime.
Ouch!! Pour thing. Hope it heals soon!
Post a Comment