Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kindergarten



This week Logan started kindergarten. This is the day I have been dreading since he was born. But he was AWESOME, he could not have been more ready (even if I wasn't).

On the first day they made pirate hats and learned all the new rules. Logan was also happy to discover that 2 of his friends from pre-school were in his class. He was assigned to the green table (with all girls he informed me) and found his home base (His chair, complete with name tag). He informed me that kindergarten was WAY funner than pre-school. We celebrated after with a trip to McDonalds with his good friend Easton who also started kindergarten that day at a different school.

On the second day he was even selected to be the first "Lucky Duck" of the year. This is a very prestigious honor in the kindergarten world I have come to understand. He was the teachers special helper for the day. He got to be the line leader, turn the lights on and off when they went to recess and change the date on the calendar to name a few. When he came out of class I said "Hey Bud how was school?" and he replied "Today don't call me Bud, call me Lucky Duck!". He was so proud.



Logan and his teacher Ms. Asay. The sun was in their eyes.


A VERY Proud Mom.


This is the door for kindergarten and 1st grade only. Very exclusive.


Logan and Easton at McDonalds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so GQ...I love his messenger bag! What a cutie! How fun for both of you...I am looking forward to an all day 1st grader!!! but it does mean they are growing up and that is bitter sweet for sure! Hope you guys are doing good!

Michelle said...

That is a very hard day for moms. I've done it with 3 of my kids and my 4th one will be going in 2 years and it really sucks. It's always harder on moms thatn on the kids. He is such a cute boy.