Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We went to my Mom & Max's house and the food was wonderful and in abundance. The Johansen's (Mom's side of the family) mostly came and they all have a problem (to our benefit) of making way to much food. The stuffing was my favorite this year dipped in gravy and mashed potatos, yum!!! Then the desserts were even better I made pecan pie and the kicked butt if I do say so my self. Thanksgiving just happened to fall on my Grandma Jo's 81st birthday this year (Happy Birthday again Grandma) and my mom made an amazing pumpkin cake for her, I think I had like 4 pieces through out the day and that is on top of the 2 pieces of my grandma's award winning shredded apple pie. The kids even ate everything. I have been pumping Logan up about how good the food was going to be for about a month now. He is a very picky eater and in years past has ended up eating a microwaved hotdog for his feast. But my plan worked and he at almost everything on this plate. He did leave he green beans and I don't blame him. He thought it was amazing that we would but marshmallows on orange potatos.

Scott and Aubrey in an after Thanksgiving coma.



This is Logan on the drive down to my Parents house. It is 2 1/2 hours and both kids fell asleep thank goodness.



My mom the smart lady that she is covered all the kids tables with butcher paper and then let them color while we were putting the finishing touches on the dinner.



Then while dinner was winding down Devin (my brother) comes over with a dead cougar in the back of this truck!! Yes, he missed his Thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws because he shot a cougar with his bow. Crazy man!! It took 4 shots to kill it and it looked hammered. He assures us that when it is cleaned up it will be awesome. Logan thought it looked awesome anyway and kept touching it's paws to make the claws come out. Aubrey just kept telling everyone to shhh, because she thought it was sleeping.



We then finished the night hanging out at he Drew and Val LeRoy house. The men played poker and we girls chatted. We also stopped off the see Shanae's puppies. My cousin's yorkie had babies and they are so cute. Aubrey wasn't a fan for some reason, but Logan loved them. They will be ready for new homes right before Christmas if any one is interested. Just go to the Shanae and Jared Butler link from my blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great holiday! Sad we didn't see you but we were up your way! I love love love your new pictures your family looks darling!

Jessica said...

I am loving your new look! And the pictures are adorable... what can you expect? I am glad you had such a great Thanksgiving!!!

Katie W said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! Wow--a cougar?! And those Yorkie babies are soooooooo cute!!!

I cannot find a number for the tadpoles. We tried to google the surf school set, but it's no longer sold/made. It came with a coupon card to mail in for the tadpoles, so I don't know. Apparently there are other places to get them. If I find one, I'll let you know.

Shanae Butler said...

The puppies are cute - oh yea, your kids are too.